Have you tried my Sweet Potato Brownies recipe? If you're not a fan of sweet potatoes but have a soft spot for banana and peanut butter, you're in for a treat. Today, I just baked my very first banana chia brownies. Bananas are a great source of potassium and peanut butter (make sure you bought a healthy variant) can provide you a good amount of protein. You can enjoy this with a cup of coffee or tea; as a dessert or breakfast (because, why not?). Without further ado, let's jump right into it:
- 1 piece of banana (medium ripe),
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal,
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour (any flour will do),
- 1/3 cup of chia egg (that's chia seeds soaked in water for 20 minutes),
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil,
- 3 tbsp. of peanut butter,
- 3 tbsp. of maple syrup,
- a pinch of salt, a dash of cinnamon powder and 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven (180 degrees).
- In a bowl, mash the bananas.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in the same bowl
- Fold until you form a velvety consistency.
- Layer the batter in a baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top.
- Optional: I put some hazelnut spread (for a slight marbled effect).